Saturday, December 18, 2004

Is He the One?

When I had a few dates with a guy, one of my female friends asked me, 'Do you think he's the one?' Honestly? I don't think there is such a thing as 'The One.' What is that all about? The notion that there is one person in this entire world who is the single person to complete your life. Do you know what I think? I think there are thousands of guys who I could be with. Not just one. But what is it about this notion of 'The One.' I think the reality is, if it's what you're looking for, there is one slot in your life and the goal is to find a man who wants to try to fill it. But when you find A man interested in spending time with you, don't go crazy thinking about whether or not it's going to work. Just get to know him, see how it goes, see if you're both interested in going on, one date at a time. If it doesn't work, it's like they say in the deli, 'Next!'

In fact... call me a freak, crazy, insane, wacko, weird... maybe for a lot of people, getting into this whole monogamous relationship thing isn't the only possible life. What if I meet two men who are both wonderful? What if I don't meet one at all? You know what? I'm still good.

No comments: