Monday, December 06, 2004

He's Just Not That into ... ME

And yet again, this same crazy scenario rears its ugly head again in my life. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them, but I'm up to at least 5 separate times with this. Maybe it will sound familiar. It's in that awkward early stage after several dates with a guy, not just one but not enough that you define each other with any moniker (like boyfriend, etc.), just enough that when people ask, are you seeing anyone, your answer is, 'well, I've seen this guy a few times,' but you still call yourself single... He goes away on a business trip or holiday jaunt home to visit the family or on a vacation or a weekend trip, and there's the, 'OK, I'll talk to you when I'm back...' And then... you never hear from him again.

I've gotten to the point now where I won't accept the disappearance. I feel that if you have gone out with someone more than once or twice, you owe that person an official acknowledgment that there isn't going to be another date. I don't feel you have to give reasons or get together and discuss it or process it. He should say, hey you know I don't think I'm up for going out again. I'm sorry. I think for the most part men are wimps and would rather just slink away invisibly and silently back into their life and not confront the reality of, 'hey, I don't want to go out with you again.'

Just tell me. So I know. But just to be clear, I don't need to know that while you were on your little vacation to Florida with your college friends, you reconnected with your old girlfriend and are going back to her, and you don't think you're gay anymore. That can be filed away under 'too much information.'

No comments: