Monday, January 03, 2005

Merry New Year!

2005. Definitely going to be a transition year for me. My life will be ver different a year from now. Especially if a giant tsunami destroys the East Coast. But even if it doesn't, I think I will look back at this year as being the banner year that changed it all. Let's hope it's in a good way!

Morbidity. Dear ol' Dad got very morbid over the holidays. He's gotten to a point where he has seen his own mortality. But still, it was very creepy to walk through his house with him, having him point out things that he thinks are worth something and things I should take care of, split with my sister, dispose of in a certain way. What a fun project for a Christmas afternoon.

Well, anyway, here's a belated toast to the new year. I'm not usually one to make resolutions, but this year, I've decide to make one. What with everything else that is going to happen around my life, i decided to make a little, vapid one to keep my mind on silly things where it is usually happiest. I want to lose a few inches around the waist. Now mind you, it sounds so incredibly vain, shallow, and self-absorbed, but it's not my fault. I completely blame the guy at the gym who took off his sweatshirt the other day and had his tank top underneath accidentally ride up with it, exposing his entire torso. Oh my stars... Yeah, it's his fault.

No comments: