Monday, January 24, 2005

Cabin Fever

Well, after over 15 inches of snow and an entire weekend hibernating, I would have pulled my hair out.. if I had any. It is amazing when it snows, everyone so desperately hoards food. I was down to very few things in my kitchen and went to the supermarket to pick up some things to tide me over, and it is truly amazing the number of people that looked like they were stocking up for the entire winter... entire cart completely filled to the top. The soups were ransacked. The cookies. Even the frozen food. Every old person in the neighborhood was worriedly grabbing milk cartons. I don't know. Give me a batch of cookies, a few netflix selections, a couple of bottles of wine, and a good book, and I'm more than happy to hole up for a day or two. I just don't understand why the YMCA wasn't open. Don't they know how many chocolate chip peanut butter cookies I ate?

No comments: