Thursday, August 04, 2005

Room 101

In George Orwell's 1984, if you got out of line, you were taken off to Room 101, where you would be tortured by visions of your worst fears. So it leads to the question.... what is in your Room 101? What would the powers that be attack you with to beat you down into submission?

I have to think mine would be a room full of hungry old women all telling me what to do at the same time. They would definitely be playing Nicholas Cage and Jim Carrey movies. Eggplant would be served with every meal. And the old ladies would talk incessantly about the weather, their health, their relatives who aren't there, and they'd be full of helpful advice, like, "You know, they say you should eat dinner early, so you can digest before you go to bed. I like to have dinner done by 5:30. That way I can watch my shows."

No comments: