Friday, August 19, 2005

Anatomy Lesson

I never knew. Almost any of it. As I have alluded to a few times in long ago posts, I'm currently in a program to become a certified massage therapist. It's just something I've always wanted to learn how to do. The idea that you can spend an hour with someone, and afterward, they feel better physical and mentally and even emotionally, it's just an amazing thing.

So far, the anatomy and physiology lessons have been incredibly eye-opening. As someone who works out (sometimes too much, sometimes not in weeks), I knew a little bit about muscles -- pecs and abs, biceps and triceps. But wow, it's amazing once you started learning it all for real. To think that almost everyone walks around, sits and bends, throws and stands, and for the most part, nobody knows their own body. Now, even with the little bit I've learned so far, when my neck is sore, I'm busy concentrating on it to figure out of it's levator scapulae or scalenes, suboccipitals or just trapezius. Rotator cuff muscles? Oh let's not even start!

The human body is absolutely incredible. And who knew that old song is actually wrong!!! The ankle bone's connected to the shin bone... Now everyone please have a great weekend. Work on your tinies (you know there are a lot of tiny things inside the human body you could write about!)... I need to go study up on Lateral Humeral Epicondylitis.

1 comment:

Joseph Smith said...

I found all the online guided boasting to guarantee 100 percent success, but none of them actually did 1Z0-053 study guide pdf . Once there was time when I started thinking that all the online preparatory programs are nothing but a clear fraud. 1Z0-803 dumps pdf for pass exam really changed my thoughts. The labs and the scenarios, in the PDF, not only boasted success, but also proved their suitability and reliability. I cannot find anything better than the 300-101 route exam book preparatory program. Thanks to nice sharing"